Products
Cancheada (Crushed Yerba Mate)
Dried and crushed yerba mate, composed 70% of leaves as well as 30% of micro stems. Ready to be transformed into yerba mate chimarrão or another purpose.
Peneirada 1 (Sieved 1)
Dried and crushed yerba mate, sieved in order to remove stems, resulting in pure mate leaf. It contains leaves sized from 1 to 5 mm and powder.
Peneirada 2 (Sieved 2)
Dried and crushed yerba mate, sieved in order to remove stems, resulting in pure mate leaf. It contains leaves sized from 5 to 10 mm.
Peneirada 3 (Sieved 3)
Dried and crushed yerba mate, with leaves sized 10 mm, bigger than the fragments of the stems.
Tea Bag
Dried and crushed yerba mate composed of pure leaves sized up to 1,5mm and no powder.
Traditional Tereré
Crushed yerba mate composed of leaves (50%) as well as stems with powder (50%).
Green Tea
Dried and crushed yerba mate with particles smaller than 0,5 mm and leaf powder.
Yerba Mate Chimarrão
Dried and crushed yerba mate, composed of leaves (70%) as well as micro stems and powder (30%).
Soluble Dry Extract
Dry yerba mate converted into soluble powder by the spray-drying process, with no maltodextrin addition.
Health Benefits
No insomnia
The caffeine properties from the mate do not cause irritability or insomnia.
Vasodilatation
Its properties act in the cardiovascular system promoting vasodilatation, in addition to an improvement of blood flow.
Antioxidant
It presents antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties able to promote apoptosis in cancer cells.
Health improvement
Due to its proven hypoglycemic and hypocholesterolemic effects.
References

[1] De Freitas, G. B. L. Revista Eletrônica de Farmácia Vol. VIII, 2011.
[2] University of Illinois College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences."Compounds in mate tea induce death in colon cancer cells, in vitro study shows." ScienceDaily.ScienceDaily, 23 January, 2012.
[3] Amaral, Camilla Lais. ‘’EFEITO DO CHÁ MATE (Ilex paraguariensis) NO PERFIL GLICÊMICO E LIPÍDICO, NOS MARCADORES INFLAMATÓRIOS E NA FUNÇÃO ENDOTELIAL DE INDIVÍDUOS COM DIABETES mellitus TIPO 2 ‘’. Florianópolis, SC, 2014.
About Us
Our story
A traditional family business from the region, which has always worked close to nature, but our story with the yerba mate Ilex paraguariensis did start in 1991, when we collected different samples of native plants to create a blend which afterwards presented great nutritional and organoleptics properties. In 1997 our yerba mate was certified as 100% organic by Instituto Biodinâmico (IBD).

Our plantation is located 780m above sea level and it was nominated “green belt” due to its natural barrier formed by ipes (trees of the bignoniaceae family) and bracatingas (native tree of Paraná), in addition to the worldwide known Araucária angustifóli, popularly known as Paraná Pine, a symbol of Paraná, which is found in the red list of endangered tree species. This natural barrier in addition to the Pedrosa and Campina rivers which surround the grassland, provide better conditions to the soil, and also favor the microclimate in the place where the yerba mate is grown, since plants cultivated in shaded areas present a greater amount of nutrients than the others.
Our Plantation
The area is situated in a community called Linha Capinzal, two kilometers from São José Neighborhood, on the border of the urban area of Chopinzinho, Paraná. It is located inside the geographic coordinates, latitude 25º 51`41,53 and longitude 52º 34´54,68. The plantation is in the Third Plateau of Paraná, with average altitude of 740m.

Both the planting and the industry are certified, ensuring 100% organic products. The harvesting and drying process is unique, with the aim of subtracting most of the organoleptic properties of the yerba mate, specially caffeine and polyphenols and a minimum of ashes and anthraquinone.
Processes
We always prioritize nature and its cycles. For this reason, pruning is made in periods when the plant is not producing sap, that is to say, according to the “dormant” months of the plant and the lunar cycles, reducing possible aggressions to the plants. The pruning is carried out with electric scissors, which helps to preserve the plant and to improve working conditions.

The drying process is as rigorous as the pruning. Harvesting is done only during dry days so that the leaves do not stick together. The process is smoke-free, as only pure and wild air is heated and get in contact with leaves, expelling health-damaging properties, such as anthraquinone.
Talk to Us
Telephone
+55 (46) 3242-1205
E-mail
organicomateherbal@gmail.com
Adress
Linha Capinzal, Caixa Postal 66 - Chopinzinho / PR - Brazil
PB Agência Web